Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend went outside to get in her car and go to work last Thursday, and she found a little gift beside her car:

It was left there for a little over 24 hours by themother, that we know of, anyway. She was a fun little visitor while she was there, hardly moved, I would bet she wasn't more than a few days old!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The Cream,
I find it very difficult to leave such critters alone. I always want to take them in, feed them and alter my entire life to raise them with the intentions of keeping them until they're old.

Never raised a deer, but always wanted to do so. I have found and raised *****, groundhogs, sparrows, blue heron, redtailed hawk and squirrels. The easiest to raise were the squirrels, sparrows and groundhogs.
The ***** are always getting into stuff and are like raising 3 Bart Simpsons. The blue heron and redtailed hawk were extremely aggressive, which made it very uncomfortable to raise them...not to mention they require constant cage cleaning attention. Typical of birds, but I can't say that about the sparrows.
Surprisingly, the sparrows are very smart and catch on to tricks/games. I raised 4 generations of them. They'd go anywhere that I'd take them and seemed to adapt with no problems.

Hopefully, your neighborhood fawn will stick around and become a local attraction, but to only your immediate household. ;)

Bowhunter57

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Very cool. I bet the mother wasn't far away.

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Never touched it, we steered clear of it as much as possible the entire time it was there. I was doing landscaping work in the front the afternoon/evening it was there and it never left. Last night I saw (I think, anyway) the same fawn twice while working in the yard. I set a trail cam last night right before dark to see if we can get some photos of her playing around in the yard since it is apparently her little home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts