Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just going thru my most recent 3 rivers catalog and again the most noticeable items are those mostly associated to compounds...everytime i go thru their catalogs i get this strong thought and it seems to linger on...i am wondering how long it will be until they start putting compounds in the catalog...is that their direction:mischeif:...anybuddy else get that feeling as they look at their catalog...:mischeif:...i am getting this feeling that a change is coming within 5 years...3 rivers will no longer be traditional only...whats your thoughts.any predictions...would you welcome the change or hope they come to their senses and stick with what made them...just some thoughts...:D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Yep - the catalog gets smaller and the prices get bigger - heh heh - they will do what they have to ta stay in business - i don't see all those compound associated items that u do - maybe some carbon arrows - but thats about it - they did drop some bow making stuff and some wood shafts - what u see'n **** :confused::whistle::mischeif: - oh maybe its a few bow sights they had but bow sights have been around way back in the day dang

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Yep - the catalog gets smaller and the prices get bigger - heh heh - they will do what they have to ta stay in business - i don't see all those compound associated items that u do - maybe some carbon arrows - but thats about it - they did drop some bow making stuff and some wood shafts - what u see'n **** :confused::whistle::mischeif: - oh maybe its a few bow sights they had but bow sights have been around way back in the day dang
yup bowsights...never ever seen a bowsight like them on a recurve,and them doinkers and i even seen a prong type rest in there...:eek:...guess it all began with the limbsavers...reinventing...reinventing...the compound,before long it will just be 3 rivers archery...then it will be more and more cp stuff and less and less traditional stuff...wont be long theyll be selling the drawlock device...:eek:...oh my,,,oh my...:nono:

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
yup bowsights...never ever seen a bowsight like them on a recurve,and them doinkers and i even seen a prong type rest in there...:eek:...guess it all began with the limbsavers...reinventing...reinventing...the compound,before long it will just be 3 rivers archery...then it will be more and more cp stuff and less and less traditional stuff...wont be long theyll be selling the drawlock device...:eek:...oh my,,,oh my...:nono:
maybe u should try some of that stuff - might help ya ta shoot better - :whistle:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe u should try some of that stuff - might help ya ta shoot better - :whistle:
no worry,i'm done in...at least with my bow arm hurt i could at least shoot,but with the drawing side...i cant pull back,hopefully not too long...very agonizing...:(

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
no worry,i'm done in...at least with my bow arm hurt i could at least shoot,but with the drawing side...i cant pull back,hopefully not too long...very agonizing...:(
dang **** - hope ya heal up - u can borrow muh x-bow if ya ain't better buh deer season - :whistle::mischeif:

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
dang **** - hope ya heal up - u can borrow muh x-bow if ya ain't better buh deer season - :whistle::mischeif:

btw - i still got a couple pics of u from barkcamp - remember them :confused:

·
Registered
372 Posts
****- yeah, I saw the doinkers and truglo sights in there. I don't think 3rivers are going to ever go completely compound. I think they are trying to go for the "recreational target shooter" market and grow a little bit. You know- kids, teeneagers who want to shoot those higher tech recurves olympic style. There are people who don't like to hunt, but still like to shoot target archery. And they've been selling those DAS bows for a while and it looks like you can tune em up (with all kinds of doodads) as much as a compound anyways.

Wouln't worry about it ****, the compound market is overflowing and ultra competitive right now. 3rivers has cornered their own market, and ain't going anywhere.

You'll always have people who want sights on a trad bow.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

btw - i still got a couple pics of u from barkcamp - remember them :confused:
not sure if i can go there geezer,i've thought bout it,its true but when push comes to shove i've elected to set out a few seasons in the past...i spect at this point in time i'll pick up a cam of some sort and maybe try and get a pic of wendy or even film her in her attempt to get a wnf monster...of course with a bummed up shoulder,she'd have to drag it out...:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I remember back in the mid 70's when we got into archery, a large % of archers were using sights. Even saw a few stablizers back then. Fiberglass arrows. most archers I ran into back then shot off a rest.
I never saw a compound till about 1979 or 1980.
I guess with me, when you say traditional , it depends on how far back into the history of archery you're talking about.
Aluminum arrows have been around since the 30's. There were no glass laminated bows on the market before 1949. I dont really care if a bow has sights and stablizers...if it aint got wheels it's a recurve or longbow.
I even saw metal riser bows in the stores in 1975....guess my archery history dont go back as far as some, but I really think the word " traditional" is relative.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a glass laminated bow made in nov.of 1937...bear weather rests were very popular in the early seventies...hoyt pro rest also...there was brush rests and the feather rest has been around since the 50s...another type of elevated rests...as for fiberglas arrows there were some out there but the best arrows were aluminum in the 60s and seventies...i used all 3 types,wood/fiberglas and alum...my fiberglas were made by browning and my alum.were the just introduced bear/easton converta point...i loved the strength of fiberglass,much stronger than todays carbones...but prefered the converta point aluminums...bow sights were starting to catch on in the mid 60s for hunting...bad mistake...they were great 0n 25 pound target bows but not many could use them on bows 45s and up...funny i just seen a sight on a 65#herters sanbar(62") at a flea market...:eek:it also had a slanted type shelf which meant it had to be used with an elevated type rest...there was a kodiak mag.there also with a bear stock weatherrest...it was 50#with a sight:eek:both were mid seventies bows...the sanbar was 70$ an the bear 125...in great shape but the sights illiminated them for me...i also prefer a flat shelf so that was a strike against the sanbar even though it would make a wall bow...very good price on the sanbar no doubt...same guy owned both bows...:biggrin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've shot maybe 5 arrows out of a compound bow in my life. Aint got anything against them but I just dont care for them....probably because they feel weird to me after shooting recurves and longbows for so many years.
I guess it's good that some guys dont shoot recurves and longbows because a lot of them I know would not practice all year like we do.
They will pick it up a few weeks before bow season and that's it.
I've known a few that shoot compounds that practice all year.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I am geting back in to compounds got a new one in February and i shoot it 20/30 time from different angles and yardage every couple of weeks but ill be hiting it hard from now till September

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am geting back in to compounds got a new one in February and i shoot it 20/30 time from different angles and yardage every couple of weeks but ill be hiting it hard from now till September

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
You're already ahead of the game...that's the way to do it with archery period, whatever you shoot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts