Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Dayton area looking for 350 Legend ammo the Centerville Cabela's had a TON of Winchseter rounds yesterday. I know they had a lot of the 180gr and if my eyes were correct they had a good amount of the 150gr as well. The prices weren't jacked up like Vance's was doing. I think they were $30/box

They had one box of Hornday American Whitetail but I grabbed that since it was close to pre-ammo run prices. I paid $27 which is only $4 more than when all this crap started.

Registered
Hunting.
I gave up on looking for the factory stuff. Instead I found Hornady 170 gr Interlocks, and Hornady 350 Legend brass to be more available.....and less expensive.... than the pre-rolled type.
The primers are scarce, but not non-exsistant, and Lil Gun powder gives higher velocity and better accuracy than the factory stuff. I've been seeing consistant sub-moa groups at 100 yards with my Savage Axis, which is a relatively inexpensive rifle.
Only caution I might add, since I have read of some using magnum small rifle primers, is be really careful loading with them. My cases expanded above the casehead several thousanths, and the primer pockets opened up enough to let new primers fall out. The gtest loads were nearly two grs below max.馃槚 Standard WSR primers were no problem up to a half grain below book max:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts