Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

2021 Out of State Hunt Application Dates.

5K views 57 replies 5 participants last post by  Deehntr56 
#1 ·
2021 Out of State Hunt Application Dates.

I will be posting the Application deadlines for various states and Big Game Species for 2021. I will post the application dates by state and due dates for species like I have done in the past. Most of this won't be available until later in December and into early January and will update as I get information.

I will try to provide as much information as possible. Please visit the other threads in the Out of State Hunting Forum for guidance and help if needed. PM me if you like like as in the past as well.

I will list everything I can find and dig up. Alaska and Idaho will be starting soon.

Idaho will start with their Application process December 1, 2020-There is a lot of changes for the coming year on tag allocation and Prices have increased as well in Idaho.

#58 ·
The PA Elk Drawing is this coming saturday for those that entered.

Link to the info is above in a previous post. Good Luck.

Also the Live Elk cam has gone live if you want to see them in their habitat-

Release #50-21

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Aug. 12, 2021

For Information Contact:

Travis Lau

717-705-6541

trlau@pa.gov

ELK CAM GOES LIVE​

Can’t wait for the September peak of Pennsylvania’s elk rut? Get a jumpstart now with the Game Commission’s Elk Cam.

The Game Commission again has installed a camera on State Game Lands 311 in Elk County, in a field that typically is a hub of elk activity as the bugling season heats up. Video and sound from the camera are being livestreamed at www.pgc.pa.gov, and viewers can expect not only to see elk, but turkeys, deer and other wildlife, as well.

“Nature is full of surprises, and that’s some of the reason the Game Commission’s wildlife livestreams have proven so popular,” agency Executive Director Bryan Burhans said. “The Elk Cam gives viewers a chance to experience the wonder of Pennsylvania’s elk rutting season, without ever leaving home. Sit back and enjoy the show.”

The livestream, which is provided by HDOnTap and made possible with the help of the North Central Pennsylvania Regional Planning and Development Commission, is the latest in a string of real-time wildlife-watching opportunities offered by the Game Commission.

“HDOnTap is excited to partner with Pennsylvania Game Commission for another year of the live cam in Elk Country,” said Kate Alexander with HDOnTap. “Last year, nearly a million viewers tuned in for the many sights and sounds of activity on the field from a wide range of native Pennsylvania wildlife. It's a thrill to see what animals make an appearance in the field, from elk to black bears, it's no wonder why this cam is extremely popular!"

The stream can be accessed at the home page of the Game Commission’s website by clicking on the Elk Country Live Stream button. The page also contains information on Pennsylvania’s elk, where to view them and provides a link to the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors website, which provides all sorts of handy information for anyone visiting elk country.

Each September, thousands of visitors make their way to Pennsylvania's elk country to experience for themselves the wonder of the bugling season.

The Game Commission reminds visitors to the elk range to always be “Elk Smart.” Give elk space, never feed elk, don’t name elk and do your part to ensure the welfare of the herd. Enjoy your time in elk country and help keep Pennsylvania elk wild.

The Elk Country Live Stream is slated to run until the end of the bugling season, likely sometime in mid-October. The top time to see elk on camera is late in the afternoon.

Reactions: bankfish
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.