Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best of luck to everyone! The state and virus shafted us again on no walk-in drawings again this year and it sounds like never again! BUMMER! I’ve got my fingers crossed on a blind or quality hunt opportunity.

Reactions: bluedog

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like they don't have the dates of the hunts posted? Maybe I am not looking in the right spot?
I don’t think they published them this year. They did post short descriptions on the website. Maybe they’re changing things up this year since so many of the day passes got wasted, let’s hope….

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is ridiculous. Something needs to change. Zero hunts. Everyone I know didn’t win a single hunt or blind. The place I used to could hunt 2-3 times a week I can’t even hunt a single time a season. Thanks China!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
yea, I think less people apply when they physically have to show up, we used to have probably 75-100 people show up at west branch, and our group of 6 guys usually could pull a blind every other year..its been rough the last 2

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone needs ammo I have plenty, I’m willing to trade ammo for a hunt invitation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know anything about the andreoff deer hunt ? Buddy got drawn and asked me to be his mentor this will be his first deer hunt. Any info be appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Has anyone ever drawn the early Goose Deercreek Golf Course before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
The state just wants your $$$. They don’t care about the quality of the waterfowl hunt, they just want your $3 per chance.
They would rather limit access and have everybody put in their $3 for a chance to hunt a poor to mediocre at best location.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got drawn for the Mosquito Creek, Dec 23rd hunt, blind E this year. Actually pretty excited about it. What kind of ammo you have, I may have an opening 😎(Really though, most of my hunting buddies quit waterfowl hunting)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got drawn for the Mosquito Creek, Dec 23rd hunt, blind E this year. Actually pretty excited about it. What kind of ammo you have, I may have an opening 😎(Really though, most of my hunting buddies quit waterfowl hunting)
That’s a 3.5 hr drive for me and I probably won’t be getting many days off around Christmas otherwise I’d definitely take you up on that offer.
I know someone that has a weekly blind at Ladue (maybe?) about the same time, not looking like I’ll be able to make that trip either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts