Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2018 Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Wildlife, Feb 28, 2018.

1. It's been a few years since I have gone to this event. I believe I'll be going this year. Anyone else intend on going?

March 16-18, 2018

Friday - 2:00p to 9:00p
    Saturday - 9:00a to 7:00p
    Sunday - 9:00a to 4:00p

Ohio Expo Center (State Fairgrounds - Bricker Building)
    717 E. 17th Ave
    Columbus, OH 43211
  2. Possibly. I went last year for the first time and i would have rather seen booths with new gear, etc than all the outfitters but it was a good time.

3. I go every year, I love the trophy area. Its mostly outfitters, but its still fun.
    ohihunter2014, Bryan six and Wildlife like this.
  4. I'll be there Saturday. I'll be the guy in the camo hat.
    I like to look at the trophies, talk to other hunters and learn something new. Usually watch Byron shoot. Always a good time .
    Bryan six and Wildlife like this.
  5. Nope I said last year I will never go back to many rude people in that place to much shoving and pushing for me
  6. I’ll be going either Saturday morning or Sunday morning. Not sure which one yet bc I’m on midnight shift that weekend ! There are a lot of rude people there but I like looking at all the trophies our state produces!
  7. Like most things, "It used to be better". If you go Saturday afternoon - prepared to be elbow to elbow with everyone.
  8. Sunday was always the day I went in the past. Usually had good last minute deals and it wasn't too bad as I recall. I'll be there on Sunday this time as well.

9. XOP sold me 3 of their hangons for $50 each on sunday afternoon couple years ago. They have been great stands! You can wheel and deal on sunday afternoon for sure!
  10. Nope put on by Donner Corp. isn’t that associated with field & stream? Signed up with an outfitter to hunt bear in Maine what a shafting. That was 2yrs ago that was enough for me.
  11. what happen with the outfitter?
  12. Bonnier - owns (among others) Field and Stream and Outdoor Life Magazines. They have no relationship with Field and Stream/Dicks stores.

Used to be On Target Productions, until Glenn H sold it to Bonnier. Never had great interactions with On Target.

I'm curious about the problems with the outfitter too?
    chass likes this.
  13. You guys going Saturday or Sunday? I might be there with a few other OS members.
  14. I'll be there on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Looking forward to it.
    Wildlife likes this.
  15. They didn’t tell me about the road until I paid, didn’t tell me about the shack we stayed in,almost had to tie r selves in bed to keep from fallin out. One end of shack was rotted out it dropped a foot in 8 feet, we were cold my son started a fire in the stove that ended real quick we had to evacuate or die of smoke inhalation. Never saw a bear, never saw anything but coyotes,stands were very small and all of them were leaning and loose. I can’t cook but compared to that cook I’m a chef. There is more but I need to shut up I don’t want to get into a peeing contest on here.
    Bryan six likes this.
  16. No peeing contest it saves a lot of others a headache so share the outfitters!!
  17. ohihunter2014 likes this.
  18. See i knew i should have got my buck mounted!! It would have saved me some $ getting into the show!! lol.
    Wildlife likes this.
  19. I'll be there but I have no clue what day or time. I look forward to the show but then wonder why I go every year:)
    ohihunter2014 and Wildlife like this.
  20. miketruax

miketruax Staff Member Super Mod

I'll be there signing autograph's ....seriously though I'll be there to talk to a few friends and hopefully figure out what hunting trip I'll take in the fall