close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2017 buck

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by walleyewrangler13, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Had several encounters with my top 2 hitlist bucks this season and just couldnt make it happen. Was seeing lots of bucks late oct. just nothing mature. Then they all vanished on me. Went 4 weeks without seeing an antler while in stand. So i just backed off and started hunting a newer spot i had been finding great buck sign, huge rubs and scrapes everywhere. Hunted it several times and only seen does. Lots of does. But not one buck. Until saturday morning, dec. 2nd. Super frosty calm morning, i had a good feeling the bucks would be moving so i made sure i was in the stand. About 7:30 just after light, heard some crunching behind me. I ignored it figuring it was just another squirrel. Then i heard a decent size stick snap and i decided to take a look. Sure enough i see this big rack standing up above the brush about 35-40 yards away and it started coming my way. He got out of the brush at about 20 yards and i realized how big this deer really was. Decided i better sit down to take the shot, he had me shook. He walked directly under my stand and i mean under my stand and i let him have it. He didnt go far. Happy to put my tag on him this season, what an awesome deer[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Great deer! Bow...or gun kill?

walleyewrangler13 likes this.
  3. Great buck !!! I love the ones that show up when you least expect them ...

4. Gun. Wishing i had my bow being he came right in. Just my luck lol

5. Really great buck, impressive mass throughout! I always wish I could take bow with your gun during gun seasons. Maybe Ohio will change that!

6. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Mod

Wow. He's a dandy. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

7. Love the mass! He’s got character for sure. Congrats!

8. That is one good looking deer! Congrats to you!

9. That's a giant man....congrats

10. Probably real close to 180 or over ....you score him?

11. That's a heck of a buck, I'd say 180 is close bet!!! Congrats man!!!

12. That's an incredible buck. Congrats.

13. Congrats! Great Buck dude! :cool:

14. Congrats. Beautiful buck.

15. That's a dandy right there buddy!
    Congrats

16. Thank you all. I havent put a tape on him yet but im guessing right around mid 150s as a typical 10. Hes got a lot of deductions with that split g2 and the 10th tine being only about 1.5". Im happy with him either way! As far as scoring him as a non typical, i dont even know where to begin... never scored a non typical before

17. thats a great deer, congrats! and I can assure you most everyone here only cares about gross score. give him credit for everything he grew!