Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
nice pictures man! I would say that first buck is a super good 3.5 year old. I noticed his neck is skinny and still longer looking legs, but a hell of a rack probably pushing 140s.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hey man nice bucks. It doesn't matter what anybody thinks. If ur shaking and want that buck then fill ur tag. Good luck this season.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys really appreciate it. I have taken a ton of smaller bucks over the last 15 years and only two really nice ones. But last year i decided not to shoot anything that i deemed to not be at least three years old. And I ate a tag. But I had a couple of opprtunities and that is all I can ask for. I will continue not shooting younger bucks and just take all the doe I can. That is why I was wondering what you thought age wise.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Thanks guys really appreciate it. I have taken a ton of smaller bucks over the last 15 years and only two really nice ones. But last year i decided not to shoot anything that i deemed to not be at least three years old. And I ate a tag. But I had a couple of opprtunities and that is all I can ask for. I will continue not shooting younger bucks and just take all the doe I can. That is why I was wondering what you thought age wise.
If u hunt private land and 100acres or less I wouldn't shoot as many does as u can!! Yes if u see 20/30 a sit ya I'd shoot some but if Ur average sit consist of 5/10 deer and all but 3or 4 at doe I would only take one or two a season reason being if there are no does u sure won't see any bucks come November

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
182 Posts
A shooter is in the eye of the beholder it's not about the rack it's about the fun and the story of it

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts