Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
ARE SAT.NOV.3 TO SUN.NOV.11...i am very exciting about this later starting date this year because it will run us right up into peak rut day or extremely close...I must confess that i'm not sure that i posted an earlier different stating date before...if i did...scratch it...this will be much better...i'm sorry if that happened and i hope nobuddy had vacations scheduled for an earlier date...:D

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
Well.... the deer on the Wayne will be safe that weekend.:p

·
Registered
717 Posts
that's cool. I was planning to go those dates anyway. normally the camp starts first weekend b4 halloween but I thought the next week would be better this year and then I could be with my kids for halloween.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's cool. I was planning to go those dates anyway. normally the camp starts first weekend b4 halloween but I thought the next week would be better this year and then I could be with my kids for halloween.
i normally place it the sat.thats closest to halloween sometimes forward of it sometimes after,it does seem most have been before...starting it on sat.means one just has to use 5 days vac.and get 4 free days...maybe i'll try to keep it on the after weekend from now on...but there are other thangs to think of...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point about halloween thats caused a few to be a day or two late some years...i think we can keep it after,we'll see...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where is the camp at in WNF? what area? Might be interested in going
its as as triston said...:bouncy:hope you can make it...for more info go over to the"deer camp (wn)social page on this site...theres a ton of info...pics of the camp and deer thats been kilt there...i will be out scouting here real soon and try to give the best info i can on the deer situation...and anyone is welcome to come and scout...we scout on weekends...also we have early weekend camps too including opening weekend...very good preparation for the main camp...i will be posting about those camps too...the opener is on sat.29 sept...hope to see you there...hope to see you over on the social page...george :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Coonie I am on ohub mostly but if I go to the OS web site where do I go to the social page I looked but can't find it and when u headed this way to scout

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coonie I am on ohub mostly but if I go to the OS web site where do I go to the social page I looked but can't find it and when u headed this way to scout

on the main page its in the left column just scroll down a bit and youll see social page...it may have it listed, and click it...
if not you can just click on social pages

you can also click on coonskinner anywhere you see it and you can get there too...just scroll down and click on the small wnf pic...also click on bowhntr4ever...and check out his pics...he has bout every nice buck kilt there...(we've missed or didnt get a shot about twice that number)...go check it out now...:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
man getting a lot of new guys interested...hopefully a few more can make it this year...i'm really getting pumped up right now and wanting to get out scouting...its always great getting new people in camp and seeing the guys that are there every year...i'm always ready for a scout on weekends for those that want to come to the camp...hope to meet some new friends...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my pms are picking up...i also get some on another site and a whole lot from i dont know where...:mischeif:so it may take a day or two...i'll get to it...if its been a week or longer let me know i do miss some...:nono:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

hopefully soon...i want to get to kentucky soon...got another place down there to check out...i should make both places in july...:D

:Dgot my pms caught up got hit with a blast in one night...so blast away,i'm ready...:D:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

did you figure out ohub,i used to use it and then you could access it when you got to the 1st ohiosportsman link there was a menue of the forums...i had a hard time finding it too until i finally noticed it there...if you want to see all the pics click on bowhntr4ever ,go to his profile and click on his album...:bouncy:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I didn't find it on the ohub but I did on the OS web site I'm geting ancy but this no power thing is eating my money

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i seen you found it...:bouncy:

as for the storm i'm thinking over half of ohio was without electricity...:eek:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'm really hoping to get down there this weekend,do a lil scouting...think the last time i was in there was march...i also got a family reunion to go to down there...its also nice to be around all my family...especially the ones from squaller holler...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
:biggrin:
i'm really hoping to get down there this weekend,do a lil scouting...think the last time i was in there was march...i also got a family reunion to go to down there...its also nice to be around all my family...especially the ones from squaller holler...:D
made it to reunion but not the woods and the squaller holler bunch dint show...dang...one out of three is better than none...at least i got down there...:biggrin:

a few thangs about the main camp...
its tent camping in the forest...no restroom facilities
plenty of parking off road...camp is just off the road
4 wheelers prohibited in the forest,game cart helpful
camp archery range
basic hunting area 3.5 mi.square but theres much more
mostly thick woods and very hilly,pretty rugged terrain
hunt from camp or drive to other areas
camp fire(s)permitted unless very dry
new this year(hopefully:biggrin:) ...meat pole for hanging deer
all legal archery equip.welcomed and all is represented
no cost for the camp,just required licenses and permits
hunting information is shared as well as getting around in the forest
hunting stores,grocery stores,gas stations,fast food etc.near by
check stations,processors,taxidermist nearby
last yr. i had split firewood at camp,plan to do it again,dead wood can be used from forest
help is there if needed to recover deer,it can be a tough job
there are areas that are very easy to get around in,wendy killed her deer at one
you can use any type stand or blind
our hunter success is very good and it gets better the longer one comes to the camp
1st time hunters do very good,many taking very nice bucks
any hunter is welcome to the camp
best tip hunt hard all day,ask questions,stay as long as possible,and enjoy the camp.bring everythang you need to keep you comfy for the week including a tent that doesnt leak...:D

1 - 20 of 85 Posts