Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
**** mostly and coyote but I don't think I have enough coyote traps to do any good.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply. i usually trap a little for everything, but hit the rats&**** for pond owners &farmers, then after yotes cause i'm tired of hearing about missing cats&yorkies!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If you was looking for beavers and rats........you could talk to the guys who bowfish....after all....they stare at them all night all summer under the lights......jus sayin, they might know of a few places. Who knows, they might even take you scouting for a few. I think using a bowfishing rig to scout would be a huge help.

I have seen some BRUISER beavers this year.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If you was looking for beavers and rats........you could talk to the guys who bowfish....after all....they stare at them all night all summer under the lights......jus sayin, they might know of a few places. Who knows, they might even take you scouting for a few. I think using a bowfishing rig to scout would be a huge help.

I have seen some BRUISER beavers this year.

I also have seen some monster beaver while bowfishin this year

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
77 Posts
Little of everything but will target fox and coyotes will set every culvert and creek I cross for ****, rats and mink.

·
Registered
510 Posts
i guess all in all whatever brings a decent price for once....Stretching and drying anymore is getting to be a waste of time.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Plan to hit rats primary as their worth the money now, ***** second, fox 3rd and finally Yotes. Just placed my order with Minnesota Trapline Products which should arrive tomorrow. Going to try rat floats for the first time as I trap ponds on 2 large golf courses. One course has a pond that the rats have made into swiss cheese and you can't get to it without a boat so the floats with bait are my answer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I haven't done any trapping in about 20 years. The market dropprd out then and it was not worth the time put in for the money. What are current rates for ****, fox, yotes and rats.

·
Registered
684 Posts
with the drought this summer i would try and catch as many rats as possible, with last yrs prices and short harvest we may have another banner yr. for them. of course you have to catch some **** and coyotes as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I haven't done any trapping in about 20 years. The market dropprd out then and it was not worth the time put in for the money. What are current rates for ****, fox, yotes and rats.
I havent found a fur buyer that will pay much. Not enough buyers to compete for furs. Your best money for fur will be paid at the BIG auction houses. Fur Harvesters Auction and North American Fur Harvesters have websites with auction results,recieving dates and even a fur pickup schedule but all fur must be finnished meaning scraped and dried. My closest buyer is 30 miles away and will only pay $5 for **** $8 for a huge one. You can double that at the auction house!

·
Registered
684 Posts
The OSTA Hosts 3 auctions the first in Jan, second in Feb and a final one in march.
February auction is in Washington Courthouse, and March auction is held in Zanesville!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts