Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

2011 Lake Erie Get together/Fun shoot

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  mulf 
#1 ·
3rd annual Lake Erie Bowfishing Get Together and Fun shoot
May 20th-May 22nd
East Harbor State Park​

This shoot is all about learning, having fun, and visiting old friends. For those of you who have shot Lake Erie you know the potential that awaits you. For those who haven't then prepare to be spoiled. Without a doubt Erie offers the best consistent big fish action and numbers that Ohio has to offer. This time of yr you can fish the bays and tribs in a small boat and do as well as those in large boats. We are going to be camping at East harbor State Park. We normally stay near campsite A179 and B129 so we can all park our boats in the boat trailer parking and charge batteries if needed. Campsites can be split between groups so please contact me and I can pair your group with another to save campsite costs.
-We will either have a fish fry Sat. afternoon. Redfish and Gator Gar
-Fish disposal will be provided.
-You will be able to fish whenever and wherever you want. This is not a tournament.

For additional info contact Jake Kerstetter at 937-604-6715 or email him at carpn@yahoo.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you want anything from the guys who will be showing up, or to bring anything, pitch in for anything, etc. I'm definitely coming. Not sure if I'll be camping out since it's prob only a 20 minute ride to my house, but I'll be there all three days, barring something doesn't come up at work. I'll have those three days off, so I will be there!

#3 ·
For the fish fry Sat. you might want to bring some food to add to the table.

Also if you do camp dont forget to pay Jake for your camp site so he does not get stuck with A huge bill.

Chair to set in!

Ill bring firewood again, I know last year we had plenty but better safe than sorry!

#4 ·
I plan on coming up and having a few guys bringing there boat also.

#5 ·
It'll be a good time for sure. As far as campsites everyone is in charge of getting their site. That said you can have 2 tents and up to 6 people per site so it makes sense to pair up with another group and split costs if possible.We stay in the vicinity of A179 and B129 cause we can park boats by there.
As far as the cookout whatever you wanna bring would be great. Jason and i will be fryiing fish, turkey, deer backstraps, and fries in the deep fryers. Other stuff is always welcome on the table. i think we are gonna have a record turnout this yr so I am am a little worried about food.

#6 ·
Also, I can't make any promises but sometimes the guys with nite rigs setup have room to take one or two people out with them. If you don't have a boat and end up on someones boat remember that with gas approaching 4$ a gal hauling a boat there and running it ain't cheap.

#7 ·
I think I'm going to pick a boat up before the shoot. Couple of the guys at work say no way is there anywhere you can take a John boat on erie. Are we shooting back waters or what? Never been up there, so I have no clue what to expect. I just don't really want to buy a boat that won't even be useable at the best spot. Carp lakes seem to be spotty around here...

#8 ·
There are plenty of places to shoot in the bays and rivers without ever getting on the big water. Several guys came last year in 14' to 16' foot boats and shot plenty of fish with out ever getting out of east harbor. It just depends on the wind if you get out on the big water.

I've taken my 1860 jon to the islands plenty times without issue. I just make sure I watch the weather before heading out.

#9 ·
There are alota places to stay off the big water and shoot fish. Lotsa fish are in to spawn so the bays and rivers will have alot of fish on em. A few of us do run out to the islands if conditions permit but ya just have to watch the weather and be smart. I have a 1872 flatbottom and some of the other guys will have 1860's ,1872s or 2072's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.