Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is the buck I shot this year. I killed him in Athens Co. on the 19th of Nov. I think that was about the peak of the rut on the farm that I hunt. I seen 9 bucks on the 16th! I have some good video of 2 eight pointers gettin ready to scrap. When do you guys think the rut peaked?
Good luck with the smoke poles and keep us posted.

JC

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
real nice buck john.i use to live east of shade for a while and always enjoyed hunting that area.congrats again!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice deer! Athens Co. is a good one to hunt in. I grow up around the Plains. My parents still live up there. There were lots of deer back then & I think there are more deer now. Congrats:)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
That's some good stuff there johnc21 !!! Sounds like you knew you had a big boy in your area to just be able to watch several others walk through. I too have done the same thing, only with no success and just regrets on passed shots. GREAT JOB and happy new year to you !!

rjo

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Great Buck!! Congrats!! It will look nice mounted on the wall!!;)

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
That's a great deer. I would say you got the rut right about on time. I saw two big deer two weeks before gun season started chasing does, and thats about the dates you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
NICE BUCK!!!! I hunt Portage co. and I think the peak rut there was around Nov.3rd.... It was around a week earlier then last year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts