Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out with me, my cuz and friend hunting the first time on a new 260 acre track we landed. We heard big group of birds gobbling across a gravel rd on another prop. We set up 100 yds on our side but couldn't get them interested in us. About 6:30 we heard one gobble to our rite pretty close. Long story short we put decoy in logging rd and called him rite to us. Kaboom. 4 yr old down. 1" 1/8 spurs and 10 1/4" Beard. U

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other bird was later in the morning behind my house. In a nut shell we jumped a long beard in a old orchard. Headed back out we heard one gobble in the open woods. We set up and in less than 5 mins he came rite in. Kaboom. 15 yds 3 yr old on the ground. 3/4" spurs 10 1/4" beard.

·
22,528 Posts
Good Job!

·
Registered
661 Posts
The last time I hunted in wv. Turkey season. I killed a 26 lber that had 1.75 spurs and 11.74 beard. I always see giant birds there during deer season. You make me want to hunt there again.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will say I'm pleased with the bird hunting here in WV. I hunt Berkeley. Jefferson. Morgan and Hampshire county's. Lots of birds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts