Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I captured these stills from video....July 30th

I had numerous pix of these bucks last season...

The 13 point was a 12 point last year, and the 12 point was a 10 point last year (he has added a huge amount of mass in one year's time). Good examples of what can happen with another year to grow!

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow awsome pics and awsome bucks!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Nice, hopefully you'll get one of them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is an update......just changed the cards in my cameras on Sunday. The big 12-pointer is back. I last saw him on camera on July 30th (picture in the first post of this thread) in full velvet....since then nothing. Well, he is back. I have 3 different captures of him in the past 2 weeks. This one was at 10:21 pm. The others were both between 8 am and 9 am.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Update.........

Sadly the 13 pointer has been fighting.....showed up on camera on 10-25-12 and had broken off the end of his right beam (including his G5) along with snapping off his right-side G3 & G4 about an inch above the beam.

I had a broadside at 30 yards on 10-31-12, but sadly by then he had broken off the rest of his right beam.....just past his brow tine. So I had to let him walk.....been matching wits for the last 2 seasons with him, but that's the way it goes.

Surprisingly, since he got all busted up he has been much more visible....both on cams and in sightings in the stand. It seems like he has lost his fear.....maybe he feels like no one will shoot him now with only a left-side antler!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts