Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1st Deer!

3K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Pike 
#1 ·
Just thought I would get things rolling here. Bagged my first deer this season. Took me 12 years, but I stuck with it. LOL. Decent sized doe, shot taken at 130 yards. Dropped her dead. I'm guessing 150 dressed? Won't konw until I get the hanging weight.

See less See more
#5 ·
the only thing I didn't do in that pic and I wish I had of was have my shotgun with me. I use a black Mossberg 835 UltiMag 12 GA. I have it paired up with a 7x25 Simmons Diamond Recticle Slug scope. As for shells, I use Remington 3" Mag Copper Solid Sabots. They are hollow points. Gives you that guaranteed kill when you need it. Worked for me anyways.....first hit on a deer and it dropped. LOL.

#23 ·
Thanks gang. Still anxious to get her back from the processors. They had nearly 600 deer hanging in the cooler, so it might be a while :eek:

Pike......actually that is a smaller doe from that property. I'm 5'11 and weight 230, and all bundled up like I am I look like I'm about 400 lbs. So if that gives you any insight to the size of the deer on that property :D They have great genes from this sumo-buck that lives out there. 14 point that is the most massive deer I think I've ever seen. Zfish will attest to that :D

#25 ·
tpet, I understand completely of what you are talking about! when I showed my friends a pic of my buck from OH. they all said, I thought OH. had huge bodied deer? And said yes they do, but when the person behind the deer is 6"2. and 255lbs the deer will appear smaller than if the hunter is 5"8 and 165lbs. you can click on th link below to see a pic. of me and my OH. buck. Pike.

http://www.bowsite.com/bstrophy/details.cfm?trophyid=3393

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.