close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st Deer!

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by tpet96, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Just thought I would get things rolling here. Bagged my first deer this season. Took me 12 years, but I stuck with it. LOL. Decent sized doe, shot taken at 130 yards. Dropped her dead. I'm guessing 150 dressed? Won't konw until I get the hanging weight.

[​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin Mod

Congrats and thanks for sharing. We hope to have a picture gallery script up here soon so you can post your pictures easier.

3. Thanks! It's no problem posting. Done it a million times :) Have my own website, and just host the pics from there.

4. Very nice doe!:) I'll say she'll help dress a fine table! I like the wearing of the orange. So many don't when they snap the pics, makes me wonder if they were wearing it all! Concrats!:D What did you use? 12ga.?

5. the only thing I didn't do in that pic and I wish I had of was have my shotgun with me. I use a black Mossberg 835 UltiMag 12 GA. I have it paired up with a 7x25 Simmons Diamond Recticle Slug scope. As for shells, I use Remington 3" Mag Copper Solid Sabots. They are hollow points. Gives you that guaranteed kill when you need it. Worked for me anyways.....first hit on a deer and it dropped. LOL.

6. Very Nice Doe!:D Congratulations!

7. Congrats on your deer!

8. I asked because the hair over her right shoulder looks a little disturbed.

9. Congrat's on your first deer.

10. I had another guy ask that question on another board too. We rinsed her out before I took her to the processors, so some water came out where the slug went in.

11. Good Job there Tpet

Thats a fine looking deer. :)

12. And for those that are wondering, if it weren't for zfish, I would never have gotten that doe :D Thanks mike! See you in a while!

13. Good looking deer. Congratulations!!

14. Congrats on the doe! I got skunked in GA, so I hope to get a late season doe here.

15. Congrats on the doe! i'm still waiting for my first deer.

16. Congrats!!!!!! way two hang in there.

17. Congrats on a nice doe still waiting on my doe this year took my buck the first week. Congrats again