Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would get things rolling here. Bagged my first deer this season. Took me 12 years, but I stuck with it. LOL. Decent sized doe, shot taken at 130 yards. Dropped her dead. I'm guessing 150 dressed? Won't konw until I get the hanging weight.

·
Administrator
5,401 Posts
Congrats and thanks for sharing. We hope to have a picture gallery script up here soon so you can post your pictures easier.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It's no problem posting. Done it a million times :) Have my own website, and just host the pics from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice doe!:) I'll say she'll help dress a fine table! I like the wearing of the orange. So many don't when they snap the pics, makes me wonder if they were wearing it all! Concrats!:D What did you use? 12ga.?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only thing I didn't do in that pic and I wish I had of was have my shotgun with me. I use a black Mossberg 835 UltiMag 12 GA. I have it paired up with a 7x25 Simmons Diamond Recticle Slug scope. As for shells, I use Remington 3" Mag Copper Solid Sabots. They are hollow points. Gives you that guaranteed kill when you need it. Worked for me anyways.....first hit on a deer and it dropped. LOL.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had another guy ask that question on another board too. We rinsed her out before I took her to the processors, so some water came out where the slug went in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And for those that are wondering, if it weren't for zfish, I would never have gotten that doe :D Thanks mike! See you in a while!

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Congrats!! Nice looking deer.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Congrats on a nice doe still waiting on my doe this year took my buck the first week. Congrats again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts