close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1/8/18 - Photographs Not appearing...

Discussion in 'Forum - Website Problems' started by Wildlife, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Not sure if system admins are aware that there is a current issue viewing uploaded photographs today in threads and media forum. System resources running low or possible hardware issue perhaps. Thought I'd pass it on so maybe someone can nip it in the butt before it gets worse.

Good luck!

2. Bryan six

Bryan six Staff Member Super Mod Mod

My guess is Steve working on the old pic loading problems!! He has been trying to figure it out for a couple days now!! Since we had that issue with my turkey pic the other day!! Probably just has it slowed down while fixing issues or something!!

Wildlife likes this.

3. If he's running any kind of queries against the prod-database, that'll most likely cause the issue. Thanks B6!

Bryan six likes this.
  4. So, will any of the previous photographs return to normal status, to be viewed again at all? Or is the issue still being worked on? It would be a shame to loose all those wonderful photographs collected over the years and I hope they can be recovered. Please let us know, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  5. Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://ohiosportsman.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

this is what my computer tells me when i try to open a picture i cant view?????

Bryan six likes this.
  6. I appreciate it, however it doesn't matter what browser, browser configuration or hardware I am currently using and I have several . It's even happening with my phone where I can't view most any photograph prior to my reporting the problem. So I take it that you can view most all OS photographs when selected? And I'll add, I don't have any issue viewing content on other sites.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  7. Bryan six

I'm sure they will be viewable again in the future wildlife!! O.S. is on it!!

Wildlife likes this.
  8. Could a site administrator please confirm whether or not that there's an actual problem with uploaded photographs prior to 1/08/18 being able to be viewed by regular members on the site?

And, if confirmed, is there an estimated time frame of when members can expect the problem to be resolved?

Appreciate your help, thank you!

Attached are examples from just moments ago of what I see on my end whether I'm trying view photographs in the media forum or view a thread that have photographs attached. Any photograph uploaded after the 1/10/18 appear to be a non-issue currently.
    20180112_185307.jpg 20180112_185324.jpg 20180112_185513.jpg

Deehntr56 likes this.
  9. Bryan six

Actually I tried to load a new pic last night for the contest and my new pic I had the same issue going on with it! You can see it in my album's page but if I try to look at the pic enlarged or use it for a thread it isn't working either. Gonna have alot of grand prize bucks entered soon I'd say so time is of the essence right now!

Deehntr56 and Wildlife like this.
  10. Yeah, just trying to imagine that scenario...

I believe it would be a challenge to reach a satisfying appreciation of such an on-line contest with buck photographs that aren't viewable. Hopefully, that doesn't happen.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Deehntr56 likes this.
  11. Bryan six

I just got the some of my unseen pics pics uploaded into the site, so at least the new pic loading seems to be working fine now!! That's good news!!

Deehntr56 likes this.
  12. That's great that newly uploaded photographs can once again be viewed, but what's the overall solution for all those previous photographs on the site?

I certainly hope that the site admins can come up with an entire system solution to recover all those previous photographs as well. I wouldn't think it would be feasible for everyone to go back and re-upload old photographs as a solution. Like I said, I hope there's a system resolution to fix the entire problem and hopefully soon.

Deehntr56 likes this.
  13. Admin Help

Admin Help Admin Super Mod Mod

Thank you - working on this - there seems to be a bug somewhere along the line. Just need to find where the ball is dropping, from the app or upload.

Bryan six, Deehntr56 and Wildlife like this.
  14. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Thanks for looking into this. I had just PM'd Steve and Austin about 20 minutes ago regarding this issue.

Deehntr56 likes this.
  15. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

Thanks- many members here rely on posting their pics and their stories and getting this resolved will help them continue to add more content to our site for all to enjoy. This is a major function for many to be able to do.

Bryan six and Wildlife like this.
  16. In for a update.. all my photos (100s) are showing broken..

17. New photos posted appearing broken after a day. Done posting photos till there’s a permanent fix.

18. yeah i cant see anything either. i checked life photo thread and only 56 pics shows up but no one else and all the deer contest pics are down this week.

19. Continued OS System Problems - Photographs continue to be unviewable

Totally takes away the true experience of such a hunting forum when images/photographs can't be viewed and/or shared for others to appreciate.

This issue will put a sour taste in the mouths of many if it can't get resolved in a responsible and timely fashion, I'm sure of it.

Confidence is definitely lacking on my part when it comes to posting images today on this forum and I'm questioning whether I should just move on and shop for another site that doesn't have these continuing kind of issues along with the lack of action and communication to their members to keep them well informed and perhaps feeling unappreciated.

I pretty much consider myself to be a fair level headed kind of person with plenty of patiences for the most part and I can honestly say that my patiences are definitely wearing thin here with all due respect to whom it may concern.

I hope for a prompt and permanent resolution to this issue and that site administrators can treat the problem as a top priority.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  20. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Hang in there guys. I received word just earlier today that there is a "big move" scheduled for today. I'm trying to get some additional details on what that means. Sorry I don't have more at the moment. I know this has been frustrating.

ohihunter2014 likes this.