Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys have any experience with window world of columbus? I've heard both good and bad.

Little off topic.
Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i used cardinal builders for several improvements including windows and doors and cabinets and floors...i have no complaints...they stand behind there work as my windows carry lifetime guarantees and my large picture window fogged after a zillion yrs. and they fixed it free of charge immediately...theyve been in columbus/whitehall a lot of yrs...and prolly be here a bit longer...on the flip side i've seen bad reviews on the internet but who can believe that stuff anymore...this is straight from the horses mouth and many on here know me...:Dactually the picture window is in one of my threads on the traditional forum called awesome pic...the middle pane is the one they replaced...i think i've heard of the other company you mentioned but know nothing of them...i checked that company and theyre listed with the bbb and seemingly in good standard...:biggrin:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Window world are garbage no matter where you live. All of there work is sub contracted out, and the $189 window is bs, it's a sales ploy they use to get in the door, their price upon final estimate will far exceed that. I've done windows and glass in Tn since 1998 and would advise you to stay clear. Even if they installed the window for $189 it would be a piece of crap.

Mathews Helim Tactical

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I used Window Nation for my old house. They replaced 15 windows in a day. No complaints and a life time warranty. The windows were Soft Lite made in Streetsboro Ohio. I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've installed hundreds of Sof-Lite windows. They are quality product. Amish built I believe

Mathews Helim Tactical

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is window nation in the columbus area?
Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
My impression orf the window business,and home improvement contractors is to use EXTREME Caution. If your dealing with some mouthy salesman who uses all subcontractors, your really flirting with danger because you have no idea which subs will show up and whether they are insured or have ohio work comp coverage.

Window World, HOW? can they afford $20,000,000 a year to plaster a Sprint cup car???

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input. Seemed to good to be true.

Sinks, what is a reasonable price for slightly oversized double hungs installed?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Call my buddy dj brooks 740-331-5252 he's a contractor with many big references company is 3D developments

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts