close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thank the landowners

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by deerhunter, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Everyone who hunts private land, please take the time to thank the landowners who allow us to hunt. Without them our hunting could dwindle. I always send each one a Christmas card, or maybe even a small gift for letting me use their land. I greatly appreciate the generiosity of these folks.

2. It ia amazing what a roast or some steaks will do for you to open doors, or more hunting land. These farmers around here talk, and if you have a good rep, it's worth it's weight in gold.

3. When I hunt private land I give the landowner half of what i get in the field. I buy them some gift baskets though the year. Keep and good relationship with them.;)

4. I give the owners some of the meat, and do odd jobs around the homestead for them. Good land is hard to find, so it's worth doing all you can to keep contacts with the owners.

5. We gave the land owner and his wife a big fruit basket for Thanksgiving and will be giving them some venison if we are able to harvest a deer. There aren't as many places to hunt as there used to be. We need to treat those land owners right.

Ed

6. I agree, gaining access to private land is getting very hard, thanks in part to slob hunters and fisherman, who have no regards for the wildlife, or others property

7. I don't hunt anymore but fish alot of private farm ponds. Each year at the start of the season I walk around each one with a big plastic trashcan and pick up trash, and throughout the year I pick up as I go along. I have lost alot of ponds due to the trash leavers.

Bill