Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Team #8 Antlers Anonymous

10K views 124 replies 8 participants last post by  whitetail_joe 
#1 ·
Hey guys, looking forward to the season and making some noise in this contest. Hope to hear from the rest of you guys soon.

#3 ·
Looking forward to a good year. Hpefully better than last year. I won't make it out this weekend but should start hitting it hard next weekend. Looks like the 2nd week of November I will be out all week.
Good Luck. Be safe and can't wait to hear all the harvest stories.

#5 ·
I will b hunting mostly in Ross but also will hunt in Vinton some. Possibly in Preble County if I can ever get a permission slip signed.
Team Names
Venison Vigilante's
Hardwood Horn Hunters
AA (Antlers Anonymous)

Thats all I can think of now. Will keep trying.

#6 ·
I will be hunting mostly in Sandusky county. I will hopefully make a trip to Coshocton county the end of October or beginning of November. There are a couple of nice bucks in the woods I hunt, just need him to show in the daylight. I will get out sunday night and then hunt mornings a couple times this week too.

#12 ·
Looking to get a shot at the one on the right. Probably be tempted with the goofy rack too. Funny thing is, I have so many pictures of these 2 deer together over the last 2 years, I have to wonder if they are related or just good buddies 9 months out of the year.

#14 ·
Well I will be hunting pretty blind this year. I put my one camera out about a month ago. I went back 2 weeks later too exchange the card. Well I walked up to the camera and all I see is 8's all across the screen. For some reason it crashed. I am looking at the area and it is tore up with deer sign. They had been hitting the area hard so I am hopeful that I got a few pics before the camera crashed. I pulled the camera and took it home to hopefully get it running. Checked the card and had 0 pics except my test pics when I hung it. Not sure what happened but never could get it to work right. It works without a card in it but any card I put in it then locks up. The intenal memory is small and I don't think will last more than a couple days so I am going to pick up a new one today to take out with me on my first hunt next weekend. The pic in my avatar was taken last year on the same property so hopefully I get another shot at him.

Good Luck to any that are going out this weekend. Hope someone connects and gets us on the board early.

#20 ·
Well my first hunt went pretty bad. Saw 7 deer and two were decent bucks that decided to spar for twenty muntes 75 yards away. The morning was going great until a small doe decided to walk straight to me offering a slightly quartering to me 10 yard shot. I straight 10 ringed her and she ran off with the bucks only stopping to watch her run away, then start their sparring again. After they finally moved off I got down and retrieved my arrow. No blood, nothing even a sign of being red. The arrow was a light brown on the white fletching showing that the exit was not very good. I trailed her on the sparsest trail ever then she opened up, then I jumped her. I let her lay for another hour and a half only to follow more sparse blood and jump her 100 yds later. Couldn't get off another shot, so tomorrow Im going to look for her some more, and if I don't find her, I believe she will completely recover. She was obviously hurt bad by her movements, but the blood in her bed was really watery. I can't see how I never got atleast one lung with the rage 2 blade. But we will see tomorrow I guess. Naturally this is not how anyone wants to start their season.
Anyone else go out?

#21 ·
Well my first hunt went pretty bad. Saw 7 deer and two were decent bucks that decided to spar for twenty muntes 75 yards away. The morning was going great until a small doe decided to walk straight to me offering a slightly quartering to me 10 yard shot. I straight 10 ringed her and she ran off with the bucks only stopping to watch her run away, then start their sparring again. After they finally moved off I got down and retrieved my arrow. No blood, nothing even a sign of being red. The arrow was a light brown on the white fletching showing that the exit was not very good. I trailed her on the sparsest trail ever then she opened up, then I jumped her. I let her lay for another hour and a half only to follow more sparse blood and jump her 100 yds later. Couldn't get off another shot, so tomorrow Im going to look for her some more, and if I don't find her, I believe she will completely recover. She was obviously hurt bad by her movements, but the blood in her bed was really watery. I can't see how I never got atleast one lung with the rage 2 blade. But we will see tomorrow I guess. Naturally this is not how anyone wants to start their season.
Anyone else go out?
hey ******* , if u r gonna shoot deer like that i suggest u change ur team name to wounded whitetails.....LMAO , just kidding , but seriously , im going out this morning , but if want help finding ur deer , gimme a holler ill try to help u find her , good luck this year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.