Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Shot a nice 9 point this evening

3K views 27 replies 26 participants last post by  Sgt Fury 
#1 · (Edited)

Camouflage Military camouflage Deer hunting Hunting Smile

On the 28th after watching the weather , it looked like the weather would break around 6:30ish that evening, perfect for an evening sit. I walked out to the stand around 6:10 to see a very tall, thick 6 point in the bean field already, he spooked of course, but not too bad. Got seated around 6:18. At about 6:34 the 9 point walked out about 120 yards down from my stand and unfortunately went left instead of coming my way. Was definitely a shooter in my book, around 7:03 - I texted my son in-law and said "That's my buck I'm going to shoot. He's a dandy, might take awhile.." . not even 15 minutes later I see a deer running through the bean field and it's him making his way back. :)

He slowly makes his way over and is on a string coming towards the apple corn pile I placed out days before. A 3 point comes out in another spot and also starts heading my way. He getting closer under 50 yards now and my hearts pumping fast,,,,,,as he gets closer and closer now at 35 yards, he stops and raises head and starts to sniff. Being not sure if he's smelling the apple corn or me, I couldn't take the chance and raised my 10 point crossbow and shot. He ran about 40 yards stopped and flopped over right in the bean field......awesome experience and I will be getting him mounted.....

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.