close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rabbits at Grand River Wildlife Area?

Discussion in 'Upland Game hunting, Dogs and dog training' started by Thraner, Dec 14, 2002.

1. My buddy and I are talking about looking for some rabbits tomorrow at Grand River. Anyone know a productive field within that area? BTW, we don't have dogs. Thanks in advance!!

2. ehh, my "buddy" stiffed me on the rabbit outing this morning. Would still like advice though. Thanks guys!

3. [​IMG]

You should be able to find rabbits just about antwhere at Grand River Wildlife Area . I spend a good bit of time there and see rabbits quite often .
    Here's a picture of some pheasants from Grand River WA . This was Thanksgiving morning .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2002
  4. WOW! Now those are a couple of nice birds!! Hopefully tomorrow I can make it out to Grand River..

5. Those are a couple nice birds! Did you use your beagles to get them? How did they do? We usually take the Short Hair when we go out but have taken the beagles with no success.

6. [​IMG]

Beagles ????? I don't have any beagles ! I hunt with Brittany's . I have had Britts for many years . I usually hunt them in pairs at Grand River with pretty good resaults .

7. I'm sorry about that. It just looks like a red & white beagle in that first picture. My beagle looks exactly like that. Again, sorry about that.

8. That is a great picture of yuor dog and the birds!..Good looking dog!

9. Spitfire ,No problem and no offense taken .

10. Flathunter , Thanks for the kind words . I really enjoy my Brittany's . Just wish I could find some Grouse , they seem to be few and far between anymore .