close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Newbie reloader

Discussion in 'Reloading, Target Shooting, and Firearms' started by vc1111, Dec 16, 2002.

1. I'd like to reload rounds for my 7mm08.

I am not really that interested in reloading but I'd like to load varmint rounds and I cannot find them for my 7mm08.

I'd like to get started for a minimum of cash, buying only the necessities. I don't really need or want to load large quantities of rounds, just a few for groundhogs.

I don't like using 140 grain copper jacketed stuff for groundhogs because I would prefer to have the rounds fragment when I am hunting from the ground (as opposed to hunting from a tree stand which I normally do when deer hunting.

Any ideas?

2. Hey VC1111,
    I see you are from N. Eastern Ohio. I live in stow maybe you are close enough to me you could come on over and I'll help you with your 7-08 loads. I have all the reloading equipment you'll need. I don't have dies or brass and bullets though. You'll have to give me some time as I just bought a house and I'm redoing some stuff. I'm also in the process of building a sweet gun/reloading room in the basement. Its not really the weather to go out shooting hogs now anyway. If interested let me know.

3. I appreciate the kind offer. I have saved about 100 brass casings so that should be good. I live in the Youngstown area, not all that far away. I'll be on the boards all winter and spring. If you get time let me know.