close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ground Hog Hunters...

Discussion in 'Ohio Trapping and Varmint Hunting' started by Ðe§perado™, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seeing how many ground hog hunters do we have here. Do you use a gun or a bow? I have gotten 18 in the last year near my house and several with my .22 Mag rifle.

2. My Brother and I both hunt groundhogs in the summer months.We shoot 22-250,and he also has a .223 all of which are Ruger brand guns.We usally take anywhere from 75 to 100 chucks a season.

3. nice!! I need a .22-250 or a .222 or a .223. I have a 30-06 but to hunt those I'm going to have to start reloading my own. The ammo is too big.

4. We started loading all of our rifle ammo 2 years ago.It has saved us alot of money by doing so.We also reload all of our shotgun shells too,we have for over 20 years.

5. Chuck hunting is one of my favorit thing to do in the summer, well i do like my fishing.:)

I use T/C Contenders most of the time, but have long gun's also, I guess the Ruger #1 in .223 is my go to gun for woodchucks.

The Contenders are from .17 Rem. to 45-70.

Also get in a little bowhunting when the beans are about afoot high, love stalking chucks in the bean fields.
    <-----<<< >>>-----> <-------<<< >>>-----> <------<<<<<

This is my first post on this forum, I'm a new guy.:)

This is one nice looking site. I like the layout.

6. Love shooting chucks. I prefer blackpowder, but I use a 7mm08 also.

7. I hunt them got some with the 22lr 22mag 12ga. with00 buck. There all over the farm. The holes are bad news on the equipment at times you really have to watch out the best you can. :(

8. Ground Hog results 2001

I managed 75 Chucks in my first fukk year of Chuck hunting. I used mainley a Savage 12FV chambered un 22-250. I also nailed several using a Marlin 17V HMR . I bought a Savage 93FV late in the year and took a couple with it as well.

I'll be adding a Bushmaster VArmint Rifle AR-15 as well as a Savage 12BVSS in .243 and and ArmaLite AR-50BMG as well this spring. Money and time permitting I would like to add a .221 fireball as well. My goal for 2003 is 100 chucks.

I fill my time right now mostly Coyote hunting. I'm still looking for a good place to fox hunt and learn the basics. Perhaps if anyone is interested I would gladly trade some time with them in a good fox populated are are ain exchange for some good chuck hunting and perhaps a coyote trip.

Happy Holidays to all and I'm glad I found this page. I can be reached via E-mail @ ExtremeVarmminting@attbi.com, also I live just west of Cleveland.

Scot M
    Remington001

9. Varmint Hunting

Good Morning !

I am new to this site so here go's !

I am 47 years old and retired, I love to varmint hunt here in Ohio plus I take trips to South Dakota to shoot prairie dogs.
    I got myself in the 1000yd downrange club with VHA and I am hopping to move to the 2000yd club this next spring.

Here in Ohio I have shot 106 groundhogs and 12 coyotes now in SD ahooting prairie dogs all I can say that there was alot of tham.

Can I ask is there anyone here that PD hunts?

Rick

10. That's a long way of to shoot. What kind of rifle do you have to do that?

BTW Welcome to the site!!

11. Ðe§perado

I have a AR-50 coming and the scope I will be putting on it will be a 12x42x56mm NightForce.

12. Sorry for the spelling error in my first post. It was supposed to be FULL not what I wrote. I figure most have already figured it out, but just incase I did not want to offend anyone.

Remington001

13. Remington001

Thats ok I new to this site also.

So do you do any long range shooting?

Rick

14. Very nice gun. I'm going to try to find me a .222 or .223 not sure of a brand yet.

15. Remington001

I have a 223 bolt that is a Ruger M77VT and it nice and I also have a Bushmaster Varminter AR15 and I really like it when I am out to South Dakota PD hunting.

My buddy has a 222.