Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Rivers/Streams

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Reservoirs

Votes: 0 0.0%

Favorite Plass to Bass Fish

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  bass/bucks 
#1 ·
What's everyone's favorite place to bass fish?

#3 ·
Rivers and streams because I think it requires a lot more angling skill. Reading the water and using the current to help your presentation adds a lot to it, in my opinion. Ponds are good for big fish, but I know a lot of pond anglers that can catch bass in those ponds, but take them out of that comfort zone and they struggle big time. I think rivers and lakes test you a lot more. Just my $.02 worth. :)

And I don't know a lot of ponds where you can catch big river bronzebacks! :D

#4 ·
Im with cream on this one, largemouths are fun to catch in ponds, buth there is nothing like the pull of a pissed of 3lb smallmouth, caught a few upstream from nelsonville today, back at it tomorrow. Had to tie a bunch of new flies because i lost som many trying to probe them in cover

#8 ·
im with cream and streetwalker, nothin like nailing a 3lb smallie on an ultralight or a lighter baitcaisting setup which i love for placement, smallies are always fun!:)

#9 ·
Ponds are good for big fish, but I know a lot of pond anglers that can catch bass in those ponds, but take them out of that comfort zone and they struggle big time. I think rivers and lakes test you a lot more. Just my $.02 worth. :)
Why did you have to call me out like that? I would've come clean anyway;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.