Votes: 4 6.1%
  • others

Votes: 7 10.6%

Favorite Fish to Fish for?

5K views 71 replies 35 participants last post by  CritterGitter 
#1 ·
What is your favorite fish to fish for?

#4 ·
I'll have to go with other , since flathead catfish are not bottom feeders.

#8 ·
I'm a recent transplant in Ohio after living all my life in Michigan, stelmon, and I didn't know (or even understand) the fervor over catfish here in Ohio at first.

I can say that it's real and has even gotten me to want to give it a shot sometime after listening to them for so long. :D

#13 ·
OUCH!!

Bottom feeders, where i come from thems fightin words..lol
I like a lot of those bottomfeeders, channel cats, flatheads and carp...the biggest GAME fish in Ohio...musky are in that department too, but i dont chase them yet(plus flatheads and carp still grow larger than musky here)!

Glad to see the old GFO guys back togther..HOPEFULLY we can keep this forum to FISHING topics only?

Great site you have here guys..good job!

Catfish Hunters Association:
www.angelfire.com/oh5/catfish_hunters

"Catch & Release only"

#14 ·
Re: OUCH!!

Originally posted by Flatheadmaniac

Glad to see the old GFO guys back togther..HOPEFULLY we can keep this forum to FISHING topics only?

What is that suppose to mean? No, bowfishing?

#16 ·
Stelmon, you sure know how to rile up the locals. :D

Like putting a stick in a hornet's nest...lol

Please excuse him. We try to limit his internet time, but occassionally, he tricks us and heads for the local library. :eek:

If you guys would show him one of those Hogg flatties, he'd never swim those waters.

#21 ·
stelmon

Hey man its ALL in fun here..no worries!

Actually i love to fish for many species, cats are just my #1 IF i had to pick only one.
I fish for smalmouth bass year round and have fished for them since i was old enough to wade the local streams. I spend more time per season chasing them more than anything else.
If i lived where you do my favorite might be the same as yours,,,,,if you lived down here maybe yours would be catfish too, ya never know?
Good luck to ya on your fishing quests,
Scott

#22 ·
I might take you up on that offer

To post a new pole. No stripers on the list either:eek:
I like to catch what's biting, no point in denying it. I wish we had steelheads & salmon down here, and muskies too. I would like to expand the species I can fish for. Here's a nice blue (62#) I caught last month, my fishing buddy is holding it. It's the biggest fish I ever landed. Had one on about a month before this one that actually fought harder, but it was in stronger current too. No telling, anyway, we got this one in the boat. Was quickly released hopefully so I can catch it again & break the KY & IN 104# bluecat record !:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.