Votes: 4 6.1%
  • others

Votes: 7 10.6%

Favorite Fish to Fish for?

5K views 71 replies 35 participants last post by  CritterGitter 
#1 ·
What is your favorite fish to fish for?

#28 ·
Salmon baby all the way ,KIngs and coho you can't beat the action will post some pics. of some of the one i caught in alaska spent fours years up there came home and never fished again for these little guys.Bass fishing is to boring after that type of action on a lite rod,Shimano quick fire and 12 pound test loved it.

#29 ·
I voted for trout in the poll, but I must give my respect to catfish. I caught a 31" channel cat while fly fishing for smallies in august. Not a spectacular fighter, but a brute to say the least, especially on a 5wt rod. It may not be a "giant" like your 60lb flatheads, but decent for a channel, let alone on a fly rod. I've actually caught many catfish on the fly rod, but I've never targeted them, and most have not been very large. Only one other better than 5lbs. I would think though, that you catfish maniacs, might be interested in taking the challenge of catching a cat on the fly. I'm sure they fight alot better against fly gear and 3.5lb tippet than broomstick baitcasting gear and 30lb mono.

#30 ·
Looks like the same subjects just a different time and place.

Let's see,

Catfish versus every other fish, my fish can eat your fish.

Bowfishing versus Bowhunting, which one is it?

Lakes versus rivers, which is better?

Bows versus crossbows, Are crossbow users real bowhunters?

In-lines versus traditional muzzleloaders, are in-lines cheating?

Merry Christmas to all.

I wonder what the new year will bring us on this site

:) Kim

#31 ·
Hey Kim ~ SOS Huh ?? :)

(view from just a fishin' standpoint)

I hope someday that there will be a good Erie MB that will have the participation of the Erie regulars that are on the I-net .. I can find alot of info now from my top 5 ~ SeaGrant, Dean, Den, ETT (leans toward eyes) & by cullin' though WC (mostly eyes) .. also some by pickin' up bits & pieces from other sites. I'm not a Erie regular by any means, but would luv to see the interaction & posts in a one stop site of all the Erie species. Now with the other smaller lakes & streams in Ohio that could never be a reality (Looks like the same subjects just a different time and place) with the small angler base @ each location, especially on the mixed specie sites. (I have a few thoughts .. BUT!!!)

I don't want to dwell on this any longer ~ it's Xmas ;)

#39 ·
salmon

Im going for salmon here guys love fishing for them when i was in alaska for 4 years cant beat the action,Hay those are some nice looking cats guys man they are biggens.

#41 ·
Ya i lived in Petersburg Alaska for 4 years.When they say its the last frontier believe it that place is breath taking beauty.I worked for a fishing company went out fishing a "few" times for halibut man they are hogs to bring in. I will post a picture of a 200 lbs hope it come through good the lights on the boat reflexed.You fish for cat fish right just think of a 100 or 200lbs cat with a pit bull adittude there you go you got a halibut on a fishing rod hold on brother.e

#45 ·
I lived in the Northwest over 20 years and been back to Ohio for the last 6 years. I still have visions of my Alaska trips, the great trout and salmon fishing, and the enjoyment of the area and wildlife. I can only imagine catching a 200 lb halibut(wow). I spend most of my fishing trips on the big pond" Lake Erie" for the last 5 years. Fish for perch and walleyes for food, Lake Erie smallmouth for sport.
Bob

#47 ·
I also enjoy fishing for all types of fish, big sheephead are a blast. I haven't caught any large catfish, Lake Erie channel catfish I have caught are between 19" to 22". Lots of fun! Perch and bluegills is my two favorite to eat, but I sure like cleaning only a few eyes instead of 30 perch or gills.
Bob

#50 ·
Since I do more Bass fishing than trout I have to say Bass. Trout fishing is awesome though & comes in a close second.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.