close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Fish to Fish for?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by stelmon, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Steelhead

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. trout

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. walleye

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. salmon

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  5. bass

13 vote(s)
    19.7%
  6. bluegill/crappie

10 vote(s)
    15.2%
  7. bottom feeders

6 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Pike

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  9. Muskie

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. others

7 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. What is your favorite fish to fish for?

2. Bass. :)

I can see all these catfish guys going up in arms because it's not listed as "catfish" on the poll. :D

They're fanatics and quite frankly, they scare me sometimes. :D :p

3. Are catfish among the bottom feeders? That offends me, not really though. However catfish have been caught on cranks. I don't troll for I's but they are caught that way too.

Nice poll, interested on how it turns out.

4. I'll have to go with other , since flathead catfish are not bottom feeders.

5. Crap, I guess I should of voted other, can I request a redo. Poll was to confusing, maybe I have Florida roots, lol.

Bill

6. Sorry guys, did not relize catfish were such a big game fish down there. You can tell I am in a different state:p Bottom feeders would be catfish, suckers, carp, goldfish:p

7. TROUT!

I go with trout, there might not be many places in ohio to catch them, but those places along with the trout and people you meet while fishing there make it my #1 fish in ohio.

Steelhead come in about a micrometer after.

Jason

8. I'm a recent transplant in Ohio after living all my life in Michigan, stelmon, and I didn't know (or even understand) the fervor over catfish here in Ohio at first.

I can say that it's real and has even gotten me to want to give it a shot sometime after listening to them for so long. :D

9. other ..

my Ohio Saugeyes were missin' from da list .. Boo Hoo:rolleyes: :p

10. Ray,

If you have never been to michigan-sportsman.com
    Check it out, it seems to be the equivalent of GFO in michigan. the guys from michigan don't have saugeyes, they've just got the walleyes up north.

Jason

11. I am strictly a catch and release catfisherman

12. As I said before to the guy wanting largemouth under the subject, that they'd better put catfish under there as well. There are alot of those guys in here! As for me Im strickty a hunter( for saugeyes that is) And there not on the list! Cmon where are they! ha ha Glenn

13. OUCH!!

Bottom feeders, where i come from thems fightin words..lol
    I like a lot of those bottomfeeders, channel cats, flatheads and carp...the biggest GAME fish in Ohio...musky are in that department too, but i dont chase them yet(plus flatheads and carp still grow larger than musky here)!

Glad to see the old GFO guys back togther..HOPEFULLY we can keep this forum to FISHING topics only?

Great site you have here guys..good job!

Catfish Hunters Association:
    www.angelfire.com/oh5/catfish_hunters

"Catch & Release only"

14. Re: OUCH!!

15. I'm the only one with a walleye vote? Man,where are my marble eye brethren?LOL