Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Any seeing or getting pics of bucks that she'd their antlers yet? : )

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  bywayofthearrow 
#1 ·
My buddy saw 5 bucks in ML. season and 4 of them had already dropped their antlers, normally in my area, 1 or 2 at most out of every 5 bucks have shed their antlers by the end of ML. Just wondering if I should start my shed hunting season a little early this yr?

#3 ·
Saw a big bodied shed buck this evening. He was pestering a group of does for the last few minuets of daylight. Kinda unusual but there's a terrible ratio in this spot. What I've always heard and stuck to is searching the feeding areas first and work your way into the bedding areas as shed season progresses.

#5 ·
where is MJbigfoot! that guy was a shed hunting machine.

My buck I shot Saturday of ML came in with 2-3 other bucks all had full racks. I had one small buck maybe a 80inch deer come behind me and 2 other smaller racked bucks came in behind a large group of doe and then came mine. his rack on the right side had just a hair of play in it but we kinda manhandled him a little and rack didn't move.

#8 ·
Bucks shed their antlers once their testosterone levels drop ( which is different for every buck) but there are numerous other things that can cause them to drop earlier then they normally do. In my area, the majority of bucks usually drop by Feb. 15th, but I was hoping to be able to get an early start this yr. : )

#12 ·
A buddys son has new pics of a big 11 pointer that he has been hunting all year and Saturday night he dropped one side. He has pics from Friday night and the buck still had both sides but Saturday night he only had the left side. Buddys son is pretty disappointed. The only time he got pics of the buck was at night. At least it should be around next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.